About Susan Medyn:
Susan Medyn is an artist who began making watercolors 45 years ago inspired by her love of color and deep fascination for the work of Henri Rousseau. She could not keep herself from drawing fantastical creatures. As she developed her style, she began to view her works as imaginary worlds where one could reside peacefully, playfully and harmoniously and even dangerously. She makes dense color filled jungles inhabited by all sorts of creature’s both real and imagined. Susan works to balance color, humor, fear and a restrained elegance within her work. She has recently begun using antique maps and sea creatures as a format for painting the South Coast of Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
Susan has exhibited locally, nationally, as well as internationally in Monaco, Poland, Belgium, Paris and the Loire Valley, France as well as in the USA . She participates in the annual South Coast Artists Open Studio Tours annually.
- New Bedford Whaling Museum - New Bedford, MA, 2023
- Dreem St Gallery - Cote D'Azur, france, 2016
- ` - xcvbnm,./,mnbFGH, 2016
- Art Naif Monaco - Monaco, 2015
- Galerie La Spirale - Liege, Belgium, 2015
- Lisa Santorelli Gallery - Hoboken, NJ, 2011
- University at Albany, MSW - Albany, NY,1986
- SOCO Magazine - June 2013
- Fall River Herald - April 23, 2015
- Newport Phoenix - January 3, 2011