In the artist's own words: "I am an experimental mixed media, watercolor, gel pen, acrylics, and alcohol inks artist. I like to draw circles, paint skies, and imagine what it might be like in outer space…
I dedicate this website to those who celebrate the possibilities out there for us in the vastness of space, and to those who want to take part in the adventure ahead for humans as we enter the galactic playing field."
"I can't stand trying to 'think' into a blank sheet of paper. I have to fill the space with something first or my brain freezes so my approach starts with a mixed media process using watercolors, acrylics, and alcohol inks on a full sheet of 300 heat pressed watercolor paper to create my background (very abstract at this point). Then I take a few days or weeks to stare at the image until my mind begins to discern shapes and patterns where I didn't see anything before. Once I feel like I know what the image wants to be, I load the high-resolution digital file into Photoshop. There I can create layers on top of the original image (without damaging the original image), and then use any of the thousands of Photoshop brushes to paint in the exoplanets, nebulas, moons, and landscapes that I see in my mind. Then I have the finished image converted a second time into a high-resolution digital file that will produce the intensely colorful pieces you see here."
View Available Works
- International Association of Astronomical Artists - Member, 2019
- Art Attack - NE Arts District, 2019
- Convergence Conference - Mpls, MN, 2019
- Eagan Art House/Eagan Community Center Display - Eagan MN, 2019
- Art-A-Whirl - Ne Arts District, 2018
- ALCON 2018 - Bloomington, 2018
- Woodbury Fine Arts Counsel - , 2005
- Bloomington Art Center - , 2005
- Burnsville Center for the Arts - , 2005